Scope of Certification
The distance up to Baku: 268 km
Means of transport: Sheki-Oguz, Mingachevir-Oguz, Gabala-Oguz, Yevlakh-Oguz, Barda-Oguz buses, the Baku-Oguz, Ganja-Oguz trains.
Oghuz is a region of Azerbaijan. The population of the region consisted of Azerbaijanis.
Oguz region is very beautiful in nature: rivers, mountains and valleys, hot fountains and waterfalls and medicinal mineral sulfur springs, sharp rocks are available here.
These places were inhabited in the beginning of the neolithic period. There are numerous historical monuments in the region: the Albanian temple in Oguz city, three-storey tower in the Mukhas village of IX century, etc. Govur castle for defensive purposes of VII century in the village of Khachmaz are most important historical monuments.
Researchers of the Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) discovered new archeological findings in the second burial mound in Gazi near Karimli village of Azerbaijan’s Oguz region. There have been found
a grave with 12 meters length in the burial mound. Also was found ceramic remains, copper fragments, which showed that there was an interesting funeral tradition. Ornaments on the ceramic dishes we found there showed that these findings are important not only for Azerbaijan, but whole Caucasian archeology. Also found beads, antiques in other burial mound that prove there were intensive trade relations between Azerbaijan and India, China, Mediterranean countries in that period.
In this regard, the second burial mound has very great importance for Azerbaijan, said the researcher and added that examples found in the burial mounds belong to 16-15 th centuries BC. Probably all of those things were produced by local craftsmen.
It may be a territory, which was a part of Asian civilization center in that time.
In the area, folk art traditions like carpet-weaving, metal and wood carving, jewelry are being continued. Local craftsmen women in the village of Filfilli weave carpet, jumper, consumables and other articles by order.
1. Survey excursion (1-2 hours) over Oguz city.
2. Survey excursion (3-4 hours) over Sheki city.
3. Ethnographic excursion in Udin residential area of Oguz city with survey of architectural monuments in period of Caucasian Albania, and also acquaintance with a life, vital way and language “Udin” – one of native nationalities of East Caucasus.
4. Ethnographic excursion in Jews residential area of Oguz city, acquaintance with vital way and Azerbaijanian (shirvan, mountain) Jews, and also visiting of synagogues of this area (old and new).
5. Ethnographic excursion in Beyuk Seyudlu settlement (Oguz area) – a place of settlement of Russian-sectarians - “Subbotnics” and acquaintance with a life and vital way of local residents.
6. Ethnographic excursions in mountain settlements of local, “shirvan” Lezgins – one of radical native nationalities of East Caucasus (Solguja, Filfili, Bash Dashagyl settlements of Oguz area and Bash Keldek of Sheki area).
7. Ethnographic excursions in mountain settlements of local breeding ethnographic groups of Turkish-Azerbaijanians (Terkesh, Padar, Zerrab, Jalut in Oguz area and Oraban, Bash Kungut, Orta Zeyzit, Kish, Bash Geynuk, Bash Layski in Sheki area).
8. Ethnographic excursion in mountain settlement Shin – a place of compact settling of the East-Caucasian nationality “Rutul” – descendants one of 29 tribes of the ancient state Caucasian Albania.
9. The Albanian Christian monuments in Oguz area (2 temples and 1 church in Oguz city, 1 temple in Jalut settlement and ruins of church in Vyangidere ravine.
10. Ruins of “Geur Gala” fortress at peak of Galadag (1181 m).
11. A watchtower Muhas Galasy” in Yukhary Muhas tract on a woody hillside, on the left part of the Dashagylchay river’s gorge.
12. Ruins of an old settlement Aglyh.
13. Ruins of Gozlu Bujag settlement.
14. A sanctuary-pir in Kerimli / Vardanly settlement.
15. Exotic trees -“Chinar agaji” in Oguz area:
- A tree with cafe on a trunk on the right from “Zargan-Oguz” highway.
- A lot of trunks’s tree, leaving a bunch from one rhizome.
16. Attractive mountain natural objects-zones of tourist rest:
- Ravine Kyor Dere.
- Ravine Gebur Dere (recreation zone “Saf tebiyyet”).
- Rock Ag Gaya with a cave-grotto.
17. A place of archeological excavations at the ancient settlement “Malyh Galasy”.
18. The rests of a defensive-watchtower “Gyz Galasy”, in flat country.
19. Attractive lakes-ponds (a place of fishing) in flat country.
20. Ruins of Ag Pilekend settlement in mountain-woody district.
21. Places of pilgrimage (muslims and christians) at peaks of mountains in Oguz area / ancient pagan sanctuaries – “pir”, “ojag”, “oyliya”, etc./:
- At the peak of Sacred Mountain (764 m).
- On Pirdag mountain (765 m.).
22. Ethnographic excursion in settlements of Russian immigrants of XIX century Astrahanovka and Vladimirovka.