Scope of Certification
Jalilabad region - an administrative unit in the south of Azerbaijan.
The area on the borders with Bilasuvar district, in the east - Neftchala, in the south - Masalli, south-west - Yardimli, and to the west with the Islamic Republic of Iran.
The area is flat and low-in some of the east elevation below the sea level. The climate is temperate warm with dry summer. The district rivers: Bolgarchay, Misharchay, Indzhachay, Geytepechay and others. 14,700 ha of forests, also has a bird's winter quarters. The animals here live hare, wild boar, badger, wolf, fox, jackal, beaver, wild cat and others, and among birds - the eagle, raven, bird, duck, goose, coot, pheasant, stork, bustard and others. In Jalilabad different types of grapes are grown, particularly black grapes without seeds. There are vast fields of wheat and others. Corn field. Large Enterprise, Jalilabad district winery.
The district center, the town of Jalilabad.
Distance from Baku: 210 km
Jalilabad since 1967, the year is named in honor of prominent Azerbaijani writer Jalil Mammadguluzadeh.
At the entrance to the town of Jalilabad draw attention to the low hills. In this area during archaeological excavations were found made of granite Kirkirey (hand mill), large jars of clay, tools and household items Eneolithic Period period.
|Jalilabad region (14 excursion objects).|
1. A sightseeing tour (1-2 hours) throughout Jalilabad region, including visiting of ancient Baths of Х1Х and XX centuries and places of archeological excavation in ancient settlements (IV millennium B.C.) in vicinities of the city.
2. Ancient burial mound field – places of archeological excavations.
3. Russian orthodox Church (1878), ancient settlement - site of ancient settlement and barrows in Goytepe / Prishib settlement.
4. Russian orthodox Church in Pokrovka settlement at Jalilabad region.
5. An old mosque (Х1Х century) in Gasymly settlement of Jalilabad region.
6. Ancient settlement “Molla Abdulla bulagy” in Zagaly settlement.
7. The rests of medieval defensive constructions in Emirvar /Amirvar settlement and its vicinities, in Jalilabad region:
- Ruins of a fortress “Deve Galasy”;
- The rests of defensive-observant Tower “Yol Yurdu”;
- Ruins of the Tower “Geycheliler Yurdu”;
- Defensive-observant posts (“Galacha”) at the peaks of mountains and hills “Ashagy Galacha”, “Yukhary Galacha”, “Dardere Galachasy”, “Kichik Yurd Galachasy” and “Uruk Dash Galachasy”.
8. Ruins of medieval fortresses and observant towers in Gyovdu settlement of Jalilabad region: “Gyovdu Galasy”, “Gulkhan Galasy” and “Khalurd Galasy”.
9. Places of archeological excavations on ruins of a medieval fortress “Mushavag Galasy” at one-nominal settlement in Jalilabad region.
10. Ruins of fortifications in Chovdar settlement of Jalilabad region: - “Gyrmyzy Gala” and “Gaflan Gala”.
11. Ethnographic excursion in Privolnoye settlement in Jalilabad region – in a place of compact moving of former Russian settlers from Judaic sects “Subbotniks” / “Russian Jews”, so-called, “Jews Christians”.
12. Ethnographic excursion in places of moving of former Russian settlers of Х1Х century in Jalilabad region: Pokrovka, Novogolovka, Svetlaya Zarya (Light Dawn), Prishib (Gyoy Tepe), and also in Kalinovka settlement of Masally region.
13. The rests of ancient medieval waterpipes in Jalilabad region:
a) Between Sulucheshme and Garatepe settlements;
b) Between Adnaly and Uch tepe settlements.
14. Places of archeological excavations on places of ancient settlements and basic defensive posts – “galacha” in Jalilabad region:
- “Chalagan” at Derdere settlement;
- “Dashly tepe”, “Divar” and “Nagara Dash” in Hoshbulag settlement;
- “Akhmedly” at Hachbulag settlement;
- “Khudu Tepe” on the southern part of Jalair settlement;
- “Ojagly Tepe” at Garazengir settlement;
- “Sarygaya” in area of Svetlaya Zarya (Light Dawn) settlement;
- “Jinli Tepe” in area of Gara Kazymly settlement;
- “Gyz Tepe” in Tekle settlement;
- “Pasha Tepe” in Jeferkhanly settlement.
15. A site of ancient settlement “Shehergakh” - the rests of medieval city “Market” at Khesenli settlement in Jalilabad region.