Scope of Certification
Near the Geranboy town is the ancient town - Shatal fortress. The once-thriving city was on the caravan route between the ancient cities Ganja and Barda. Albanian chronicler M. Kalakantuysky in his book "The History of Albania" noted that Shatal stood in one row with Sheki, Shamakhi, Shabran and Shamkir.
From ancient sources it appears that Shatal as a city existed in the Y - YI centuries and at various times called Shatar reeling, Shetel, Shutur. In 1231, during the Mongolian invasion on Ganja, Beylagan, Shamkir conquerors destroyed it to the ground. Shatal name of the area is now called "Gala Yeri" on which he was many centuries. Near the village bears the name of Chadli, which means "joy, fun, happiness."
Historical and architectural monuments in the district: the place of human settlement I millennium BC, 2.5 km to the north of Geran station; Gochtepe- Bronze Age settlement 2 km northeast of the city of Goranboy; mosque of XIX century Tepeyazylan - a place of settlement of people from the Middle Ages ,the village Gizilhajili has Monument YII - YIII centuriesç Tosa Ojag Balakyurd etc.
1. Overview (1-2 hours) tour Goranboy and surroundings with a visit to the local history museum of the city and its environs
2. The ancient settlement "Goshatepya" (the period of bronze-medieval) 2 km. north-west of the city Goranboy
3. Archaeological excavations at the site of the ancient settlement of "Hera" (I millennium BC) 2-2.5 km. north of Geran.station
4. Historical and architectural monuments in the village Ryagimli:
- A complex of mausoleums (XVIII-XIX centuries).
- The mausoleum of "Mirza Adygёzyalbyay"
- The ruins of a medieval fortress "Shatal"
5. Mausoleum (beginning of the twentieth century) in the village Borsunlu
6. Archaeological excavations on the site of ancient settlement "Goja Chinar" (Middle Ages) 0.5 km. north-west of the village Shyafyag
7. Mosque in the village and medieval settlement Gizilhajili "Tepyayarylag" south of the village
8. Mosque in the village of Sarov
9. Architectural and archaeological monuments in the village Syafikyurd:
- The remains of the fortress (1675)
- Mausoleum (beginning of the twentieth century.)
- Fort 'Ismail Molla tepyasi »(III-VII centuries).
- The place of the ancient settlement "Shortepya" (III-VII centuries).
10.Old cemetery (IX-X centuries) in the village Azyryahmyadli
11.Medieval fortress in the village Kyuryakchay