Scope of Certification
Yardimli district - an administrative unit in the south-east of Azerbaijan.
The territory: 667 square kilometers.
Population: 60 000
The district administrative center - Yardimli. In the city live - 6.8 thousand people.
State appeared in the thirtieth year of the last century.
During the Soviet period the city's economy maintained a leading enterprise Yardimli carpet factory. Today, the main activity is agriculture. In these parts small companies engaged in the cultivation of tea, grapes, a variety of vegetables and fruits. As well there is a grain, viticulture. Therefore, over ninety percent of domestic production is based on processing agricultural products.
The area is located in a very picturesque place, in the Talysh Mountains.
The length of about 100 km, height up to 2477 m (Mount Kamarkuh). Top Kamarkuh as well as g.Dzhoni g.Shindan considered extinct volcanoes. On the eastern slopes of Talysh Mountains grow subtropical broadleaf forests Girkan type changes to an altitude of about 600 m.
There are many small streams and springs. Naturally, the flora and fauna of this region is unique and attractive. One of the most popular destinations for tourists is a fabulous natural area, which is called "Shelale" (waterfall).
|Yardymly region (11 excursion objects)|
1. Historical local lore museum in Jardymly region.
2. Ruins of a medieval fortress “Guzun Gala” in Yardymly region.
3. An exotic falls “Tek Dem shalalasi” (two-level) on the left part of Viliashchay rever’s gorge.
4. A cave “Allar Magarasy”, ruins of a medieval fortress “Gyz Galasy” and the Mausoleum “BabaPireli” in Allar settlement.
5. Exotic gorge of Vilashchay river.
6. The mausoleum (XIV century) in Arus / Erus settlement.
7. A medieval construction “Buzkhana” in Ostayir settlement.
8. The medieval mausoleum “Pirajkus” in Yol Agaj settlement.
9. The equipped memorial spring “Gyoz nary” in Pirembel settlement.
10. The equipped spring “Sary bulag” in one-nominal territory in Yardymly region.
11. Excursion a jeep-safari from Yardymly to Lerik region:
- Yardymly region – Goravar settlement–Angevul settlement – Zangela settlement – gorge of the Sharotun river – Zenoni settlement– Shingedulan settlement– Laman settlement– Kyurdasar settlement– Aliabad settlement– gorge of Alashchay river at the merge with Surschay river.