Scope of Certification
Lerik region - one of the most beautiful places of Azerbaijan, situated high in the Talysh Mountains. Gorgeous scenery, fresh mountain air, forest, springs and rivers. This region is home to people who live for 100 years or more. Shirali Muslumov, for example, lived to be 163 years old (from 1812-1975). Mahmoud Eyvazov set the world record by living to be 150, from 1808-1958. Lerik also has many folk crafts, like carpet weaving, pottery, and wood works.
Direction and distance from Baku in km.
Baku - Lerik = about 337 km
|Lerik region (15 excursion routes and objects)|
1. A short sightseeing tour (1 hour) throughout Lerik region.
2. An exotic canyon of Lenkaranchay river.
3. Excursions in historical local lore museum and in the museum of Long-livers in Lerik city.
4. The medieval mausoleum “Jabir” on southern surburb of Lerik city.
5. The mausoleum “Imam Turbesi” (Middle Ages) and the House where lived long-liver Shireli Muslimov (167 years) in Barzavu settlement.
6. The house of long-liver Makhmud Eyvazova (149 years) in Piryasora settlement.
7. Ruins of a medieval fortress “Oglan Galasy”.
8. Ruins of a medieval fortress “Gyz Galasy” in settlement Shingjabulan.
9. The rests of a medieval fortress in area of settlement Loda
10. Ethnographic excursions in mountain talysh settlements.
11. A mosque (Х1Х century) in Lulekeran settlement.
12. The mausoleums on medieval tombs in the areas of settlements:
- “Gagash Huseyn” of Shavlya settlement - “Pir Yusif” of Kekonu settlement
- “Baba Peyde” of Ordakhal settlement - “Sheykh Sela” of Gyshlag settlement
- “Baba Isa” (XVII century) Monidigeh settlement - “Bakhy Ziyad” Razgov settlement
- “Baba Mehemmed” of Soni settlement - “Zekeriyye” Jangemiran settlement
- “Hoja Seyid” (XIV century) Khanageh settlement - “Shikh Jennet” Ker settlement
- “Baba Mehemmed” of Sori ettlement - “Baba Turbesi” Babagil settlement
- “Jyndyr” (XVIII century) Davaradibi settlement - the mausoleum in Gegou /Gekou settlement
- “Bobdil” (XVIII century) Andurma settlement - “Kela” (XVIII century) Orand settlement
- “Chakara” (Х1Х century) Azerbaijan settlement - “Baba Peyde” of Orand settlement
- “Gundab” and one more old mausoleum in Chayrud settlement.
13. An old medieval cemetery “Khelife Zekeriyye” in Jengemiren settlement.
14. Places of archeological excavations on a medieval cemetery “Seyid” in Ambu settlement.
15. Jeep-safari excursion from Lerik to Lenkaran on a route:
- Lerik region - area of Helfekuje and Ambu settlements – gorge of Konjabuchay river –Jindi settlement – Monidigeh settlement– Pendi settlement– Chayrud settlement– mountain pass “Chiasubara” (1800 m.) to the east of Jengesar mountain (1921 m.) – Tikeband settlement– Dijo settlement– Davaradibi settlement– Shuvi settlement– Germetuk settlement – Lenkaran city (extention – 75-80 km.; duration – 1 day).
Exotic river canyon Lankaranchay (upper river)
Exotic rocky north- eastern slopes of the main
Dividing Range Talysh Mountains
Ethnographic villages, handicraft workshops and shopping centers
Introduction to ethnography and culture of the Talysh people
- Settlement Boradigah (Masally), as well as in Lankaran, Astara and Lerik
Museum of History and Material Culture of the Talysh people in the village Hyshgyadyarya (Masally) Craft production in Masalli (making mat of reeds "Hyasir" as well as a variety of wood products)
Trade Fairs and "East Bazars" in the cities Lankaran, Masally and Astara