Scope of Certification
The Great Silk Road has an incredible history of ancient civilizations and has recreated itself in the last twenty five years as a tourist attraction. Passed down from century to century, each civilization on this route has left its footprints, which preserved until today where Improtex Travel with the best of Great Silk Road Tour Operators' Group will help you rediscover the values of Mankind's cultural heritage.
The Silk Road has more than two thousand years of history, starting from approximately 500 BC until its decline in the XVI-th century. Trade caravans went around the Caspian sea to Iran and then continued its way through Lankaran (Astara) to Baku, Shamakhi, Sheki and so on through Turkey to Europe or from Khiva through the northern coast of the Caspian Sea to Caucasus countries (the so-called Caucasian Silk Road) and further to the North and West.
Cities built along the Silk Road became blooming oases. In ancient centuries, the Great Silk Road countries fascinated travelers like Marco Polo or Swen Hedin. Today the caravan road mesmerizes new tourists who travel along its route.
Today, the route passes through deserts, mountains, and ancient cities with beautiful architectural monuments that keeping the memory of many centuries .
Azerbaijan is one of the participants in the transcontinental tourist itinerary of the Silk
Road. Our country has historically been the bridge between the east and the west, and a unique culture has developed under the influence of transient empires. The importance of
Azerbaijan as a trade route is as strong today as in the past when it was one of the countries on
the Great Silk Road.
Improtex-Travel offers the SILK ROAD TOURS, including ancient cities In Azerbaijan, South Caucasian region, Iran and Central Asia countries
Discovering “The Great Silk Way”
(Border with Georgia-Sheki-Mingachevir-Baku)
5 days/ 4 nights
Attention! This tour also may be arranged from Baku up to the board with Georgia
12:00 Arrival on border with Georgia on the river Mazimchay. Meeting to Georgian representatives
12:00-13:30 Passage is customs - the boundary control on the Azerbaijan and Georgian parts of border and also meeting with representatives of accepting Georgian tourist company.
13:30-14:00 Moving from border Balakan to Zaqatala (about 45 km.)
14:00-15:00 Lunch at local restaurant in Zaqatala сity
15:00-16:00 Moving from Zaqatala to Sheki (about 100 km.)
16:00-16:30 Arrival in Sheki. Accommodation in the hotel.
16:30-20:00 Excursion program in Sheki (excursion and museums):
- Panorama of the Sheki city from mountain parts
- Survey of fortifications of an old city (18-19 cc)
- Visiting of “Sheki Khan\'s palace”-18 c.(entrance)
- Survey exposition of a museum national creativity in old round Christian Temple(09-16 c.) and acquaintance with work of the handicraftsman in a workshop on manufacturing of stained-glass windows - “shebaka” (network)
- Survey exposition of history museum and study of local lore;
- Visiting Omer Efendie\'s mosque (19 c.)
20:00-21:00 Dinner at the local restaurant
08:00-09:00 Breakfast at the hotel
09:00-11:00 Passage of the excursion program around Shaki:
- Survey of masterful handicraftsmen and national
- Visiting of East Bazar
11:00-12:30 Moving from Sheki to Khaldan – Mingachevir (about 90 km.)
12:30-13:00 Accommodation at the hotel” River Side” 4*
13:00-14:00 Lunch at the hotel restaurant
14:00-16:00 City excursion:
- riverside and central parts of the city
- survey water reservoir of Mingachevir
- visiting of Mingachevir Power Station
16:00-17:00 Tour by boat around Kura river
17:00-19:00 Free time (it is possible (tackle) on river quay, in the hotel territory)
20:00-21:00 Dinner at the hotels restaurant (also is offered rich fish cuisine)
09:00-10:00 Breakfast at the hotel. Moving from Mingachevir to Kurdamir-Alat-Gobustan (240 km.)
13:30-14:30 Lunch at local restaurant
15:00 Arrival to Gobustan. Visiting of open-air museum “Gobustan” with view rock drawings of neolit period.
16:00 Moving from Gobustan to Baku (65 km)
17:00 Arrival to Baku and accommodation at the hotel
18:00-19:00 Free time
19:00-20:00 Dinner at the hotels restaurant.
20:00-21:30 Baku night\'s excursion. (Azadlig area, Music Academy, Heydar Aliyev Palace, Bakikhanov street, Inshaatchilar and H.Gavid avenue, N.Narimanov monument, panoramme of Baku Night\'s, Istiglaliyyat street, Niyazi street, Neftchilar avenue,seaside walking) (sea tour by boat, weather permitting)
08:00-09:00 Breakfast at the hotel
09:00-13:30 Full sightseeing tour in Baku.
- Panoram of the city and Baku Bay from Mountain park
- Visit to the medieval sight of the Old City (11-19 cc) (fortifications, Shirvanshakhs Palace (14-15 cc.,entrance), Karvansaray complex (14-15 cc.), old mosques (11-19 cc.), old bath, narrow small streets, art shops and bench of handycraftsmen, ”Giz Galasi” (Maiden Tower entrance)
13:30-15:00 Lunch at restaurant “Carvansaray”(14-15cc.)
15:30-19:00 Visiting of Carpet museum (entrance).
Excursion around Absheron Peninsula:
- Fire Worshippers Temple “Ateshgah”(17 c.) in Surakhani settlement
- Medieval Fortres in Romana settlement (14 c.)
- Yanardagh in Makhammady settlement. (Burning fire on a place of an exit of natural gas, 20 km far from Baku city center)
19:00-20:00 Dinner at the local restaurant
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Departure and transfer from hotel to the airport
Above prices include:
- Accommodation in Double/Twin rooms
- English- speaking guide assistance
- Entrance Fees to the museums and excursion places
- Meals (F/b)
- Porter services
- Water for group