Scope of Certification
Shabran - a wonderful city in the north of Azerbaijan - former center Devichi district of the Azerbaijan SSR in the Soviet period. This city up to 2010 had another name - Devechi, which translated to Azerbaijani means “a shepherd of camels." In 2010 it was renamed Devechi region in Shabran District, and its administrative center the city Shabran in the title and the historic area of the medieval town of the same name, which was founded in the V century.
The area is located in the foothills of the Greater Caucasus. Shabran city now has more than 20 thousand inhabitants. In the area are enterprises of railway transport, carpet factory, milk and crushed stone plants, poultry, resorts Gala Alti and reserves for migratory birds.
Much of the region - a mountainous. 12 km from the town of Shabran located Caspian Sea. In the mountain areas and the plains of the Caspian 27,000 hectares covered by forests, which plays an important role in the region, rich climate and natural gifts. The district also has mud volcanoes.
In the lowlands the temperate warm and in the mountainous parts - moderate cold. The area is rich in wildlife and birds of various species.
City Shabran is also unique in its own way a historical monument. It was a city on the caravans way of the "Great Silk Road" . The region has historical and archaeological sites - the ancient settlement: the village of Padar - "Gulistani-Iram" and village Shakhnazarli - Sarban, which is included in the list of the most important historical monuments of the world. The regional center has museum. The area is carefully preserved traditional national craft - carpet weaving. Widely known local types of carpets: "Pirabadil", "Gaulle Chichi", "Khairat."
In the foothills of the Greater Caucasus, the resort Gala Alti. On the basis of the healing power Gala Alty built Urological sanatorium "Chirag-Gala." Routes for the medicinal walk bring the attending and the rest on top of the mountain, which is crowned by the ruins of an ancient fortress Chirag-Gala. From the top of the hill offers stunning, breathtaking views of the surrounding forest and valley.
The spectacular lake is bordered by Lyman necklace beautiful mountain lakes. This is mainly in the cold season. In the summer comes freedom for followers of hiking. Bathing in the sea Boat trips on the lakes are replaced by excursions to the ancient settlement. So, founded 1500 years ago settlements Shabran listed as the most important historical monuments of the world. Most tourists tend to visit the town of Kechi-gaya. Here, among the steep cliffs cascading little waterfalls where you can swim in the springs curative sulfuric water. A above, in the foothills of the Greater Caucasus on the basis of the healing power Gala Alty urological sanatorium was built. It is named after the ancient fortress Chirag-Gala, which is crowned by the ruins of a huge rock. The fortress and adjoining reservoir preserved as the memory of a great defensive wall, which in the old days stretched across the coastal plain to the mountains.
Shabran Region (34 excursion objects)
- Ruins of “Charag Gala” fortress in area of Charag settlement.
- A sulfuric mineral source “Galaalty” (analogue of mineral water “Naftusya” of a world-wide-known resort Truskavets in Ukraine) in one-nominal sanatorium in a southeast extremity of Garasenger ridge (20 km from Devechi);
- An output of mineral grey-hydrogen water (analogue of mineral water of Masesta resort in Sochi city in territory of Krasnodar).
- Oil fields Petro-Gas Obtaining Management “Siyazan-Neft”:
a) Craft 3 – mountain; it is located along trade highway “Siyazan-Meshrif” in area of Orta Djalgan, Meshrif and Galaalty settlements;
b) Craft 4 - mountain-woody; it was stretched along a trade highway "Meshrif-sawmill-Zeyve" from Galaalti and up to ravine of the Zeyvechay / Shabranchay river.
- The Muslim mausoleum-sanctuary “Pir Kelenoo” in Ugeh settlement. The rests of medieval defensive facilities (“Graseng semti”, “Dag bari”) / continuation of Gilgilchay linear defensive facilities on a ridge crest.
- A natural cave (the big grotto and one small hall) at the basis of a rocky steep slope / a place of archeological excavations of finding people of neolith period and “early bronze”;
- The rests of the bases of medieval observant-alarm towers on Garavulkhana mountain (1423 m.).
- Ruins of medieval Shergekh settlement / presumably, medieval “Sharvan” city type settlement, of Albanian period, located in the central part of Tengi Ridge;
- The rests of medieval Graseng / Krasank settlement and traces of linear defensive facilities of Delichay river head partitioning off the middle part at Chinarly settlement in area of Garasenger ridge joint with Tengi ridge;
- A mineral sulfuric spring “Kukurttu su” in upper river of Genideresu river head / middle head of Shabranchay river;
- A mineral sulfuric spring in upper river of Zeyvechay river head / the right head of Shabranchay river;
- Mineral sulfuric springs in Verov tract, Amrullo spring and group of ruins of the medieval settlement;
- The Albanian Christian temple in Kilvar settlement (former “tats-grigorian” settlement);
- The house-museum of the revolutionary Gazanfar Musabekov in Pirebedil settlement on Gaynarja Ridge;
- A small medieval cemetery (with tombstones of Albanian period) in mountain-woody area;
- Ruins of Yukhari Afurdja settlement in central part of Tengi Ridge;
- Ruins of Yukhari Sofukend settlement (a former place of residing and the sermon of Muslim monks-sufies awards “Nakshbandiyya”) on the right side of Zeyvechay river head / Shabranchay middle watercourse;
- Ruins of Yukhary Gyandov settlement on Gaynardja ridge;
- Ruins of Djangaib settlement;
- Ruins of Chapli settlement and small lake Sharnour;
- Burial places of Albanian period on Garakhach mountain (436 m.) in Hachbegim tract;
- Exotic slopes of mountain gorge (“stone mushrooms”) and reserve dense thrickets of a treelike juniper (“ardij agadji”) in Gilgilchay riverheads;
- Exotic Gyzylchay river head (from confluence place to Gilgilchay river and up to area of Chuhurazemi settlement;
- The bottom part of exotic ravine of the Djarhachichay river from a place of a confluence of the Gilgilchay river and up to area of an arrangement of a mineral sulfuric source “Istisu” (“Khaldan Istisu”) and the mausoleum-sanctuary “Pir Direku Baba”;
- Ruins of Gukchi settlement in the bottom part of the small mountain tract;
- The rests of small medieval settlement on a watershed of Djarkhachichay and Dehnechay rivers;
- Ruins of Gemur settlement in middle part of Tengi Ridge;
- Group of lakes (“chala”, “nour”) of mud-volcanic origins and the rests of medieval settlement on a mountain plateau at Nokhurlar settlement in middle part of Tengi Ridge;
- A pagan sanctuary-grove and a small ancient cemetery;
- Devechi Liman to the east of Sarvan settlement (photohunting, hunting for natatorial game, fishing for Northern, Central and Southern lakes in the hunting facilities “Khanlar”, “Sarvan” and “Garakeshli” of Azerbaijan society of Hunters);
- Ecological-ethnographic tour in Devechi area;
- The house of Culture, monument of Gazanfar Musabekov and historical-study of local lore museum in Devechi city.