Scope of Certification
One of the young Azerbaijani towns Goygol recently celebrated its celebration - 189 years ago by German colonists founded at the foot of the lake Goygol most beautiful and most successful of German cities in the Caucasus.
Over the past 80 years, the city changed its name four times: in 1931 Elenendorf (village Helena) became Elenendorf, 1938 - Khanlar, in 2008 renamed the Goygol. . Azerbaijan and Georgia in the 1820 s was based on eight German settlements, Elenendorf (Goygol) and later Annenfeld (Shamkir) became the epicenter of the economic and cultural life of the Germans in the Caucasus and played a significant role in the economy of Azerbaijan. Thanks to strong community Elenendorf flourished in the Soviet years, creating the most famous and richest in the Soviet collective farm named "Concordia". Best in the province hospital and a school, a symphony orchestra, and finally, the first power plant, five years earlier than in Ganja - and the absence of class struggle in the absence of classes.
The phenomenon of flowering German colonies that were no exploiters and those they mercilessly exploited. Doctrine of Marxism - Leninism does not work here, Brandy Factory belonged to everyone and at the same time released excellent products. In the Caucasus, you can get rich through honest labor - a shock for many locals conclusion was from the German experiment. The community has been super-rich - the owners of vineyards and factories, but it was not the poor. The community took care of and involved in the work to create a unified and independent city rich masters.
In the early days of the II World War on Stalin's orders all Caucasian Germans deported to the steppes of Kazakhstan, where they are building in the grim years of the war replicas abandoned cities and towns, to supply grain and meat plants participating in the creation of the defense industry.
The open air museum
At present the creation of the reserve "Elenendorf", which will include five streets with well-preserved houses of German settlers. These museums are very popular and a reserve to be established in Geygol. "Restoration of the German ethnic structures - a great event for Geygol, which is perceived as a symbol of the recovery of historical memory and friendship. Azerbaijan strive to restore the original appearance of all buildings, including the magnificent places of worship - Lutheran church built by the founders of the German city in 1847 .Do restoration is located museum, the largest part of the exhibits which belongs to the German period of Geygol.
Tourists should visit the local brandy distillery, founded by brothers Forer, who for many years was considered the best Brandy Factory of the Russian Empire, and in Soviet times - the flagship of Azerbaijani winemaking. Brandy Factory was the main enterprise, and now, after upgrading the equipment performs this function again.
40 km from the center of the Geygol reserve are historical monuments: a tower pertaining to the XII century in the village Saryg, the fortress of the XII century in the village Zurnabad, a Lutheran church built in the town of Khanlar in the XIX century, "Gabriel Church" built in the XVII century in the village of Shahriyar, built in the XII century "Ag Korpu" in the village Topalgasanly bridges "Ikigёzlyu Korpu» (XVI century) and "Uchgёzlyu Korpu» (XIX century) over the River Gandja.
|Geygol (13- excursion objects)|
1. Excursion in Geygol city (former settlement of German colonists from Baden-Wurtemberg of Elennendorf area) / houses of Х1Х century and Kirkha 1854 г./.
2. Excursion “Wine growing and winemaking in Ganja region” on local wine-brandy factory (with tasting of made production).
3. Excursion in country settlement Ajikend with the pedestrian walk on neighboring large forests, and also a small campaign to mineral narzan spring “Tursh su” and on mountain Sariyal (a panorama of Ganja city).
4. A building of shop of sparkling faults/was wine factory Forer / (Х1Х century) on Geygol wine factory (architectural monument).
5. The combined excursion in Geygyol reserve:
a) Lakes Geygol and Maralgol / auto-foot /, (area of highway);
b) Lakes Zeligol, Aggol, Shamlygel, Ordekgol and Gabarrydag mountain (2031 m.) / foot /;
c) Lakes Garagol, Aynagol in the Big Stone valley and Kecheldag mountain (2400 m.) / foot /;
d) Lake Atgel and bottom of Kepez mountain (3066 m.).
6. Excursion on Ganja Alluminium factory.
7. Excursion on Ganja Automobile factory.
8.The Multiflying bridge constructed by former German colonists (Х1Х century).
9. The Multiflying bridge constructed by former German colonists (Х1Х century).
10. Archeological excavations on Imperial Barrow “Uch Tepe” (the beginning of the bronze period).
11. Ruins of the Fortress (XII century) and an ancient Cemetery in Zurnabad settlement in Geygol area.
12. Ethnographic excursion in “molokan” Russian settlement Mikhailovka, in area of Ajikend settlement in Geygol area.
13. Medieval single-bey Bridge (XVI century) in Dozular settlement in Geygol area.